Another song that got stuck in my head (like this one the previous week).
I’m not sure the composition is as well done as it would be if I got to go on my trusty mac and play with it a bit more. On the other hand, I’m liking the looseness I’m achieving doing all this by hand. I can see more confidence in my lines & doodles with this practice to just go with the first draft.
It’s like how sometimes, the first draft in the sketch always seems to have more magic than the redrawn ‘proper’ final version. You know what I mean?
Anyway, I digress. This song. Yes. It got stuck in my head. But I didn’t mind.
I needed to the reminder to reset my mind and heart after long days of busy chaos. Plus it was a song that really helped me connect spiritually during my praying-having-a-cuppa-with-Jesus time.
How are you resetting your mind and Refreshing your Heart?
I was blessed with a longer nap break so I took out the white ink to play on some simple black paper. It’s so nice how simple pleasures like a blank piece of paper (black OR white) can be such a blessing.
- I’m blessed & VERY grateful for baby naps (no matter how rare or random) and time to feed my creative spirit
- I’m blessed to have these moments of play
- I’m blessed & grateful for all the love, encouragement (and likes) on Instagram and Facebook for this Lentoodle project
- I’m blessed with lots of ideas to experiment with doodles, ink and paper
- I’m blessed with an amazing husband and cheeky bubba (sometimes she even naps for a couple of hours!!)
- I’m blessed to have this space to share my doodle artwork, to inspire your day
Forgive as you have been forgiven.
Forgiveness was on my mind, not just of others, but of ourselves. Sometimes, we are our own harshest critics, no?
The theme of forgiveness continued on Day 31
Forgive/n (from the Lord’s Prayer)
Goodness & mercy :: from Psalm 23 The odd thing is, for this famous Psalm, the best known parts (for me anyway) is the Shepherd bit, the still waters part + dark valley bit. But on this particular day (and a couple days before that) the hymn inspired by that psalm got stuck in my [...]
Two more doodles created for Lent – Set Apart and Delight